Using a Positive, Strength-Based Approach for Effective Parenting
Strength-based practice is an emerging approach to raising children that exceptionally positive and inspiring. Its focus is on strength-building vs. flaw-fixing. What your kids do right! This uplifting presentation will present some of the key features of this transformative approach to child-raising. Topics include:
- What is strength-based parenting?
- The effect of positive emotions on the brain.
- How to help your kids develop positive mindsets.
- The deleterious effects of pejorative labeling.
- Strategies for enhancing your children’s self-esteem
- Innovative self-management strategies for kids
- Relationship-based limit setting
- Strategies for managing number one, first (How to respond instead of reacting to
This workshop can be presented in 1-4 hours.
Fee: Negotiable, based on distance to the training site, prep time, time of year, etc. Contact Charlie for terms.
AV: LCD projector and screen. If a microphone is necessary, a lavaliere is preferred.
Charlie will email his parent handout to you to be duplicated for the participants.